Tuesday 10 June 2014

Upcycling:From Dreary Old Blanket Box To French Vintage Chic.

Some French Vintage Chic.
This blanket box was in excellent condition, and had, in my view, the potential to be transformed into a beautiful piece -and still retain its role as a very useful storage box for any number of things around the house. It was a moderately easy project, and a thoroughly enjoyable one. While initially I would have been happy enough to just paint and upholster the box, as I progressed I felt it needed something more.....so while browsing through my computer for some inspiration.......I came across The Graphics Fairy. As I had used some gorgeous vintage French fabric for the upholstery, I was over the moon to discover this fantastically wonderful site with all the  stunning French Graphics! Now my biggest problem was deciding which one to use!
Solid...But Drab.
A coat of white paint...

Dacron and Batting.....

A couple of nails to mark where the hinge screws go back.....

Stapling,,

Nice but not there yet....

Another safe delivery.


To read the stage by stage details about this renovation,just click below..

 http://itakins.hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Upcycle-An-Old-Blanket-Box.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome-We may have to moderate some.